- Grandfather was American soldier at Pearl Harbor during the Japanese attack in World War 2. Later killed in action, causing family to move from house to Carver Homes.
- Raised in the Atlanta Carver Homes public housing project along with two younger sisters by single struggling mother, moved to Little Five Points
- Selected for Atlanta’s “Gifted” throughout elementary and high school.
- Led soccer team twice to 2nd place championships
- Ran cartoon/articles in Little Five Points local paper
- Sweep of all awards in writing math and science competitions in Atlanta through entire high school career, multiple Gold Winner
- 1st board in State of Georgia for chess, led chess team through high school career
- Full scholastic scholarships to Atlanta’s Morehouse College and Georgia Tech’s Dual-Degree program
- Worked at Equifax starting in mailroom and promoted up through departments to be developer in Distributed Systems in less than 6 years.
- Left as the first employee to work in three departments simultaneously: Research and Development, Distributed Systems, and Network Engineering.
- Shot through the ranks, changing each department along the way, setting new highs in productivity and innovation.
- Responsible for bringing the first personal computers to the mainframe development divisions, and wrote its first PC-based management software, which was used for over 10 years afterwards, unchanged.
- Was co-developer of the first Equifax VRU application (Decision Power), which went from an idea to an entire division with it’s own building and executive hierarchy. Also performed the voice of the application. Today it is its own separate company.
- Left Equifax and worked for San Francisco-based healthcare technology company Oacis Healthcare Systems as 1st employee hired to work on live systems in hospitals.
- Consulted at Oracle partner Tactics, Inc – the 6th fastest growing private company in the US, later purchased by Stonebridge Technologies.
- Performed consulting at companies like Delta, AT&T, Coke, BMW, Racetrac, So So Def, and more.
- Worked in every technical role within the company (developer, DBA, network administration, tech support)
- Last department served as leading developer in Innovative Systems department.
- Awarded the highest billing rate.
- Hired from being consultant to CTO of Ins-Site Insurance Solutions.
- Created outsourced web applications for the Insurance Industry.
- Won awards in ease-of-use and innovation for developed applications.
- Developed 1st industry online and offline app-based browser application.
- Implemented version of AJAX before the actual AJAX standard was created.
- Served on the ACORD AL3 industry XML messaging steering committee.
- Founded the Atlanta XML Users Group and the Atlanta Web Services Working Group.
- Published articles in the online periodical Web Developer.
- Founded MedSolv, which developed a Patient Medical Record (PMR) web-based application.
- Served on the Healthcare Level 7 (HL7) industry XML messaging steering committee.
- Created the first online database driven website for the Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Created the very first online safety web-based system for Delta Airlines.
- Founded MA Software Systems (MASS), which developed a Safety Management System (SMS) solution for the aviation industry.
- MASS created tourism-based web-based member management system (For Member’s Only).
- Founded 24Zero, developing the first community-based Safety Management System.
- Successfully manage customers and employees in globally dispersed environment, crossing international boundaries and languages.
- Founded Visit Real Cities (visitrealcities.com), the world’s first photorealistic Metaverse platform for cities in the Tourism market.
by William Ernest Henley
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.